Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (f/m/d)
Lokalportal is working on the future of local life. We want to create the digital town, a hybrid of local newspaper and local social network. With renowned investors behind us and in cooperation with local publishers, we are working on this great challenge.
But we don’t do that alone. Our team is looking for a full time Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (f/m/d).
With us you can work in a startup of passionate professionals, with cutting edge technologies, take responsibility for long-term in these exciting tasks.
You will contribute your knowledge and innovation and get to learn and collaborate with great developers like you!
You will be a part of our Lokalportal family in the center of Hamburg, 10 minutes walk from the central station.
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at Lokalportal…
- you develop individual solution in an international, motivated and passionate team.
- you build, develop and maintain our Ruby-on-Rails backend and any associated systems.
- you take ownership over specific components and continuously work to improve them.
- you work intensively and directly with frontend development
What you bring:
We are looking exactly for you, because…
- you work responsibly and do your tasks independently.
- Ruby is your greatest passion (and its metaprogramming).
- you convince with expertise in handling rails (>= 4) and common gems like devise and CarrierWave.
- you have experience with TDD and writing good unit and feature tests (RSpec/Capybara).
- because you can have basic knowledge in frontend programming (Java-|Coffee-|Typescript, (S)CSS).
- you stay on top of current tech industry trends
What we offer:
It’s the right job for you, because…
- you work for a purpose, a product that helps people and communities.
- you are part of an innovative team, in a promotional work environment without too much organizational overhead.
- we offer an open corporate culture with flat hierarchies, short decision paths and flexible working time models, including home office.
- you want to grow to the challenges of digital media with our young, highly skilled team.
- we pay competitive salaries.
- you should not miss our team events, the free coffee and the fresh, daily fruits.
You want to be part of our developer team? We are looking forward to your message.